Thursday, July 14, 2016

Blogs and Books


Things have started picking up around here. Or, should I say, slowing down. After With This Ring came out, I spent most of my time relaxing and enjoying family. In November of 2014, though, we moved from the Willamette Valley to Portland for work. Claire and I are finally settled in a nice apartment, with enough room for each of us to have our own offices. Jock-O and Dink are as happy as overindulged little Chihuahua's can get. Or, as my sister calls them, Chi-way-way's. Yes, I got the dogs when hubby and I split up. We don't talk, but I've forgiven him, and wish him all the happiness in the world. The Evil Day Job is wonderful. Amazing even. I work with a phenomenal group of people, and I work from home 99% of the time. SCORE! I truly love my job; but it's not my only one. And that leads me to the part of my life that is picking up; the "obsessive writer" part. My sister, mother, and I were all in the same house for a few days in April of this year, then again a few weeks ago. And we are all writers. If you are, know, or have experience with writers, then you understand what happens when you get a few with incredible imaginations in the same place. The creativity soars. Sis is on day five of a writing challenge between her and another writer. You can learn more about that in the link below. She and I are discussing a joint venture: multiple novels with interlocking characters, and mom is going all out in building and painting projects in her back yard. She'll probably have a second story added to her place before the end of summer. As for me, I'm writing again. Every day. My attempts at editing Dragon Prince earlier this year were disastrous. I butchered it when all it needs are a few adjustments here and there. Thankfully, I've come to my senses, trashed all changes, and have begun the steady and SENSIBLE process of preparing my first paranormal book for submission. Water Cooler, Emo Incubus, and a few others are getting attention too. I'm letting the characters choose the stories I work on each day. But it's not just novels I'm writing now. I'm blogging. That sounds so strange when I say it, but that's what I'm doing. I may be a little late to the party, but I have something to say, so I'm going to blog until I can blog no more. When I decided to start focusing more on this site, the ideas for different posts flooded in. There will be no set pattern to what I'll write, but if I can't make you laugh, I'll try to make you think. I hope everyone out there is doing well. To all of my Facebook friends, I love hearing about the new babies, new cars, and long planned vacations. I'm not the most talkative online, but I'm still there. See you on Saturday. :) Dane Waters http://www.qwilliarain.com/2016/07/making-writing-habit-i-cant-kick-blog.html

No comments:

Post a Comment