Monday, December 9, 2013

Snowy Weather and Blue Pig Chai

Well, it's here. December is upon us. And with this festive month comes this...

Snow on the valley floor isn't common, but I've been living in LaPine for the last two years. These few inches are nothing compared to how many FEET of snow we got there. Still, I don't want to drive in it. I don't even want to step out of the house. I would, however, for a Chai Tea from the Blue Pig.

I love Chai Tea. I've been a big fan or Oregon Chai for years, but I can never get the coffee stands around here to make it right. There's always too much, or not enough ice in the summer. In the winter, it's always too weak, or someone decides to add something weird to it. Once, I paid $4.00 at a Dutch Bros. and ended up with a glass of milk. I was not happy.

Then I found The Blue Pig. It's a little restaurant inside the Indulge Antique Mall in Springfield, Oregon. For those of you who live around here, the address is 1461 Mohawk. In the same shopping center as Bi-Mart. For those of you who don't live in the Eugene/Springfield area...you should visit. You'll never find a better tasting Chai anywhere.

This little cup of yummy goodness can only be found at the Blue Pig. It's always perfect. No surprises in this little cup. I like my Chai with Cinna-Meg. That's Cinnamon and Nutmeg for those who don't know. It's great. I'll never get a Chai from anywhere else. As soon as the snow melts, I'm hitting the Blue Pig for my Chai.

Well, that's it for my first REAL post. Not very exciting, I know, but that's how it goes sometimes. Feel free to leave a comment. For those of you dealing with the snow...I'm with ya, man. For those living in the warmer states...I'm not talking to you until Spring.

Dane~

No comments:

Post a Comment